A home gym does not need to be a fully kitted out room with a treadmill and rubber flooring – simply getting yourself some dumbbells and an exercise ball can help you carry out an effective, efficient workout routine at home. Here are the top pieces of equipment that you can purchase for your home gym whether you have a room dedicated to it or just a corner of your bedroom.
- Kettlebells: Kettlebells are one of the best pieces of gym equipment you can invest in because kettlebell exercises are a great full-body workout that also helps strengthen muscles and works on your core. You can get a 36kg kettlebell as a heavier weight or you can purchase a variety of weights to get you started and slowly build up your strength.
- Dumbbells: Dumbbells are another essential addition to any home gym and mostly come in full sets as you will want varying weights for different exercises. You can have a little bit more weight on dumbbells than you can with barbells and there are critical for isolation movements.
- Yoga Mat: A yoga mat does not just have to be for yoga and Pilates workouts, it can be useful for stretching and provide helpful padding if you have any knee issues. Check out 10 uses for a yoga mat that are not yoga.
- Exercise Ball: Exercise balls are great for abdominal workouts and core work. You should also consider a balance ball as your home office chair to help keep your core active and improve your overall posture.
- Resistance Bands: These are an inexpensive piece of equipment that takes up virtually no space in your home, and you can even bring your resistance bands along with you when you travel meaning you can keep up for exercise regime wherever you are.
- Step up Bench: This is essential for at-home interval exercises or aerobics workouts. A Step-up bench gives you the non-slip grip and weight support that you need to safely work out at home.
- Bench and Barbells: A bench is essential if you want to weight train as it provides you with the proper support that you need. A weight bench can be adjusted to a variety of back positions and sitting positions to make home weight training safer and more effective. You can get a foldable bench to be stored away if you do not have the space to keep it out when you are not using it.
- Static Bike: Indoor bikes are a great way to get your cardio workout done at home no matter the weather. If it is raining or even if it is too hot outside, you might end up skipping your morning run or your planned bike ride – with an indoor bike you get your cardio done whenever want to! You can get a basic, simple bike or more high-tech ones with an interactive touch screen and vitals tracking technology. Or if you want to spend a little bit more on this piece of equipment, then you can get VR compatible bikes so you can explore virtual courses and picturesque trails.