One of the greatest ways to kill some time is joining a chat room, especially if you are looking for someone that you can flirt with and maybe see where that flirtations can go. If you’re a gay man, you might find it difficult trying to figure out who will take to your flirts when you join a chat room that is for everyone. You can avoid this possible confusion by joining a gay chat room, that way you don’t have to worry if you are hitting on a straight man or a woman.
Once in the chat, you might wonder how you can strike up a conversation with a guy and actually keep it going longer than just small talk. Here are some simple steps to start a conversation and keep it going with a guy.
- Keep the conversation casual. You may not think it matters, but the way you greet someone can have an effect on how the conversation goes. It’s a good idea to keep the tone casual, so instead of saying “Hi” or “Hello,” open with “Hey, how’s it going?” If he responds and then asks you the same thing, you don’t want to say “The same.” This gives him the impression that you’re boring and there isn’t anything going on… Which ultimately kills the conversation right there! Instead, mention something that happened that day—especially if it is funny. Everyone loves a guy who can make them laugh.
- Always be positive. Even if you have had a bad day, you don’t want to mention it—at least if it is the first time you’re talking to one another. Instead, try finding something positive to say, even if it is as cheesy as saying, “My day is better now that I’m talking to you.” It lets them know you didn’t have a good day, but you’re glad you’re talking to him now.
- Don’t be afraid of a video call. One of the best ways to endear yourself to someone is by showing them who you really are—literally. If you have a webcam, you shouldn’t be afraid to use it. Not only will this give him something to see, but it also helps create a conversation because you can pick out things in the background to comment on, like if he has a poster of a movie you liked or if he has a really cool piece of furniture. Just be sure not to get too risqué in the webcam chat until you know each other a little (or a lot) better.
- Ask thought provoking questions. You don’t want to ask him questions that require him to actually think before responding. You may want to start off with a simple question like if they saw a particular movie that was just released. If they say yes, you can expand on it by asking them what their favorite scene was or if they agreed with how the movie ended. If he does say no, it could work to your advantage because you could ask him if he’d like to see it with you this weekend.
- Be careful in talking to him too often. If you hit it off with the guy, you might want to talk to him every day because you are so intrigued by him. While it is a nice thought, you may not want to actually be the first one to reach out to them. Instead, limit how often you communicate. You’ll want to let him know that you are interested, but not obsessive.
Following these five simple tips will help you talk to a guy and actually keep the conversation rolling. With a bit of patience and some chemistry, he just may ask you out on a date before you get the chance to ask him.