As a man, one of our top desire is to look good from season to season. But some seasons can be harder than others. Looking cool and sophisticated in the winter snow for example can be tricky. Often we will be under the cover of a large coat and layers with only our stinging eyes and running nose visible through our accessories. But staying warm and comfortable in the snow is just as important as looking good!
Looking stylish and presentable in the snow does not come on a silver platter. But you don’t need to be setting aside considerable amounts of cash to upgrade your wardrobe. It is equally important that you know the latest trends in men’s fashion, the finest contemporary looks and the best ways to accentuate your features. With this in mind we have compiled a guide to helping you look stylish in the snow. So whether you’re prepping for snowy downfall in the winter months, planning a mountainous hike or are about to embark on a ski holiday, we will have the looks for you!
Choosing the clothing
From quality as well as fashionable casual tops, bottoms, and coats, there are plenty of clothing pieces that you need to consider when buying your snow wear. From thick and fashionable trousers to contemporary coat designs and layering correctly, here are a few of our top clothing tips for your snow filled endeavour:
- Tops: When it comes to what to to wear in the snow we would suggest going for long sleeved, thick undershirts. These can be bought in a range of different colours and styles and their main purpose is to act as the closest thermo-layer to your skin. Make sure to invest in a dark colour and stylish design to ensure a fashionably appropriate and weather prepared look.
Top Tip: Elbow patches are one of the biggest trends in men’s fashion at the moment. Consider investing in a long sleeved top with elbow patches to show off your style!
- Coats: One of the best things to think about when investing in a fashionable coat for the snow is colour. One of the best ways to express contemporary male fashion is through the use of upper body patterns and lower body block colours. This is one of the best things for a snow adventure. More often than not your bottoms will be thermal, thick and not so fashionable. But their practicality outweighs the need to look good. So use your winter coat to exude style!
Top Tip: You can find some thick and fashionable snow coats using voucher codes for Quiksilver. These discount codes are great for getting you money off of your fashionable jacket. Plus Quiksilver’s line of specialist snowboarding clothing mean that you will look stylish and prepared.
- Trousers: One of the main things that you need to consider when you are investing in some trousers is warmth and block colours. Most mens’ snow outfits will focus on top heavy patterns and bottom heavy block colours (though this can be swapped so long as one is balanced out by the other). So take a look at some blocked black, brown, red or green trousers that have thermal protection and will keep you warm!
To add glamour to your look as you make the final touches to your snow dress code you need to think about different accessories such as sunglasses, socks, gloves, hats and scarfs. You can find pocket-friendly prices on mens snow accessories by looking at My Favorite Voucher Codes. They have a range of online voucher codes that can help you to save money on your mens snow fashion pieces! But what should we consider when finding stylish and snow appropriate mens accessories?
- Get the right sunglasses: Getting the right sunglasses is an important aspect to consider when heading on your snow adventure! A lot of people forget that you can still get a lot of sun in the snow. Plus the bright whiteness of the snow covered earth reflects the light and can greatly interrupt your vision. Many people end up with sunburn when visiting the alps as a result of not realising the strength of the winter sun! So make sure that you find the right sunglasses for you.
- How your socks can help: Making sure that you have thermal socks is a great way to keep your feet warm when embarking on a snowy break. But you need to make sure that you invest in something neutral. Noone looks stylish in a pair of Christmas themed socks! Get a neutral pair of thick socks to keep your look stylish, novel and warm!
Top Tip: Invest in some grey or black socks. Something that is neutral but warming is always better than garish colours and patterns!
- Gloves, hats and scarves: Now it really does depend on what you like, but we would suggest leaving the flat cap and cowboy hat at home. Think bobble hats and beanies for your hat choice.
Top Tip: Pair the hat with a matching scarf and pair of gloves, but make sure you are colour coordinating with your clothing too!
There are plenty of things that you need to consider when trying to look stylish in the snow. One of the most important tips that we can give you is to stick with neutral colours and coordinated patterns. Make sure you consider your tops, trousers and coats as well as you sunglasses, socks, hats, scarves and gloves! Always keep it toned down, unique and playful. Remember not to double pattern and choose complementary colours. You’ll be looking stylishly warm in the snow in no time!