I’m happy to support the #MYO30 #EASPartner campaign, sponsored by EAS Sports Nutrition at Walgreens. I have been compensated for this post. However, all opinions are my own.
Stuck at a plateau? Training extra hard, sticking day after day to your program, sweating buckets of water, pumping the weights and you’re still not losing that stubborn fat. Well, all that you are doing is crucial to accomplishing your goal, but it’s just going to get you the fat loss that you’re craving.
To reach the goal, you must follow a get- lean diet. Why? Because you may be working out hard each day for an hour, but that leaves you an additional 23 hours each day to slip up. A diet is the backbone of the entire fitness plan, and it is the very foundation of a great body.
Your diet is a huge part of achieving the hard, built body that you are hurting for, but the slip ups are happening daily. They look like that one beer with the guys, that handful of chips or a burger for lunch. A diet is the pillar of the entire fitness plan. It is the very core of that hard body that you are fighting for.
Leading bodybuilding nutritionists believe that your nutrition will determine your success or failure in building muscle and endurance during your fitness routine. You’ll find that most of them suggest that the diet is 65%-80% of what you need to get in shape.
I want to suggest a 30 day nutrition and workout plan that I’ll personally start today and will give a brief summary after that 30 day journey. As you go through this 30 day nutrition and workout plan, we’d love for you to share your diets and progression on our social media pages so we can go through the journey with you. This plan is designed to help you shed fat, as much as possible and as quickly as possible. This is only one month and there is no time to waste. Commit today and head to the grocery store to stock up on fresh and clean foods and then head over to your local Walgreens for your EAS protein milks and powders. Now through September 24th you can take advantage of these Walgreens promotions: EAS Myoplex Original Ready To Drink Chocolate Fudge, 4 pk are on sale for $10.99 and EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder Vanilla and Chocolate 2.0lb are $19.99 each! Checking your Sunday paper can also save you some precious cash, most of them have these savings for you: Save $2 on any one (1) EAS powder, Save $1 on any one (1) EAS shake. With all of these savings, there’s really no excuse NOT to start the strict plan at breakfast tomorrow morning. If you follow the plan carefully, you can show off a leaner and more muscular body in one month.
**Bonus, here’s a pro tip for you – Sign-up for the Free Myoplex 30 Day Challenge and you’ll get tips sent to your inbox from Myoplex athletes #MYO30. From there you can choose the “Athletes Edge” program to help increase your agility and lean muscle, or you can choose the “Physique Focus” program to help build muscle and tone your body. Just enter your name, email and gender and you’ll be on your way to looking and feeling your best!
Get-Lean Diet Plan – 30 days – 3 Rules
Your mantra for 30 days will be strict, strict and very strict! There is no way to achieve that lean, built body without strictly adhering to this diet. The get-lean diet is a clean one with fresh, clean and unprocessed foods. Let’s get started on breaking it down to just three simple principles for shedding that fat and building your body as fast as possible.
- Eat at least one gram of protein daily, per each pound of your bodyweight
Restricted calorie diets that have low protein will lose a lot of muscle and very little fat. A high protein shake will preserve your lean mass. Lean proteins are best, such as egg whites, lean red meat, poultry and protein supplements. I personally love the taste of chocolate so one of my new favorites is the EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder Chocolate. It’s very high in protein and easily digestible, and since I’m pushing for muscle growth, it will help me recover faster.
- Keep carbs low-moderate
On a low carbohydrate day, you can have approximately 100 grams of carbs. On a moderate day have 150 grams. I recommend rotating low and medium carb intake. This will keep your energy up. Clean carbohydrates include potatoes, oats and rice, and for all you bread lovers, wheat bread is another clean carb option.
- Drink one gallon of water daily
Drinking a gallon of water a day will keep you hydrated. Water is a healthy drink that should be your primary liquid on this diet.
Stay on Track
- Deal with those old habits and fight those cravings. Develop new habits and prepare meals ahead of time each day to prevent going out for fast food or ordering take out
- Deal with cravings. Schedule a cheat day. This could be every seven days. Most select Sundays, and start refreshed on Monday. You can cheat with anything you want for just one meal, not the entire day.
- Take photos of yourself. This will keep you motivated. Take pictures of each side of your body and compare each week.
- Cravings can be placated with protein drinks and bars. It’s the sugar that you are craving. I recommend mixing a flavored protein powder with fresh fruit and ice in a blender. This is a once or twice a week lift and treat. Or, if you’re looking for a pre-made option, just get a EAS Myoplex Original Ready To Drink Chocolate Fudge instead.
- Share your progress and stay motivated. Watch the video below with Larry Fitzgerald and find more of those motivational videos on YouTube. A healthy mindset will make the workout a lot easier and fun.